Scanning hotel prices…
Best deals from 144 hotels in York:
TopRank™ is the fastest way to find your ideal hotel. TopRank™ aggregates hotel popularity, price, customer reviews, location and hand-picked hotels from our travel experts to find you the best results for your criteria, every time.
You can also sort hotels by price, star rating or user rating.
- Price – low to high
- Price – high to low
- Star rating – high to low
- Star rating – low to high
- Distance – near to far
- Guest rating – high to low
- Save 11%Station Rise, York, YO1 6HTsee all hotelsmoreclose
- Save 24%Fishergate, York, YO10 4FDsee all hotelsmoreclose
- Save 25%53 Piccadilly, York, YO1 9PLsee all hotelsmoreclose
- North St, York, YO1 6JFsee all hotelsmoreclose
- Save 22%1 Tower Street, York, YO1 9WDsee all hotelsmoreclose
- Grays Court, York, YO1 7JHsee all hotelsmoreclose
- Toft Green, York, YO1 6JTsee all hotelsmoreclose
- Save 21%Station Rd, York, YO24 1AAsee all hotelsmoreclose
- 77 The Mount, York, YO24 1BNsee all hotelsmoreclose
- Save 34%55-57 Skeldergate, York, YO1 6DSsee all hotelsmoreclose
- Save 15%5 Nunthorpe Avenue, York, YO23 1PFsee all hotelsmoreclose
- 1 Clifton, York, YO30 6AAsee all hotelsmoreclose
- Save 22%The Mount, York, YO24 1GEsee all hotelsmoreclose
- 11 Castlegate York, York, YO1 9RNsee all hotelsmoreclose
- 15 Talbot court Low , York, YO1 7HZsee all hotelsmoreclose
- Save 6%65 Bootham, York, YO30 7DQsee all hotelsmoreclose
- Save 35%Duncombe Place, York, YO1 7EFsee all hotelsmoreclose
- Save 39%126 Fulford Road, York, YO10 4BEsee all hotelsmoreclose
- Save 22%St Maurices Road, Monkbar, York, YO31 7JAsee all hotelsmoreclose
The walled city of York is in Yorkshire, North East England and was founded by the Romans in 71AD. In the 19th century the city was central to the railway network and famous for its manufacture of confectionery but in recent years the economy has been dominated by tourism and the University of York. It is the growth of the University that has also contributed towards the rise in population to over 200,000. The city has many reasons to visit including the famous sights of York Minster, York Castle and the Castle Museum. It is worth visiting the National Railway Museum and the Jorvik Viking Centre or taking a walk along the medieval walls. For shopping and tearooms visit the Shambles or take a walk along some of the Snickelways that lead into the city's market squares.
Staying in York
There are many options within the city from major hotel chains to smaller independent B&Bs. Most of the major hotel chains are in the city centre although generally accommodation should be within the city walls to be in the centre. The area of Bootham, convenient for the train station and for the best of the city centre shops and restaurants, is home to small hotels and guesthouses. Staying around Tadcaster Road and Dringhouses means taking a bus or a taxi to the city centre but their proximity to the racecourse means that they are home to some of York's finest hotels.
Getting around York
The city is convenient for the major routes of the A1(M) and the M1, although within the walls of the city itself many routes do not allow cars. There are five park and ride sites on the outskirts of the city which transport people into the city by bus. Manchester Airport is approximately an hour away by train while the main form of public transport within the city is bus including some open topped and sightseeing buses.